SEO Content Strategy: How To Increase Your Website Traffic By 200%
SEO has been going through a lot of changes. What worked a few months ago may not work today. However, some basic things are still valid. If you have been looking to double your website traffic, you have to have the right SEO content strategy in place. Read on to know more.
Basic Tactics And Strategies
- Make it a habit to post unique, high quality and compelling content.
- Make sure your content includes the keywords your audience may use to search for their desired information. Besides, this will help Google bots know what your site is about.
- For better ranking, social links, reviews and offsite references matter a lot. Inbound links are also important.
- Don’t forget to keep your content fresh and up to date.
- And of course, make sure you know your goals, business and audience.
Now, let’s find out how this SEO content strategy can help you drive a lot of traffic to your website.
1.) Research And Target Relevant Keywords
First off, you may want to decide on the main topics that you want to rank for. Once you have made a list of the topics, you should go ahead and look for the relevant keywords. The following tips can help you with this:
Use Google’s Keyword Planner to find a list of keywords related to your niche.Make a list of the top keywords related to your niche. Keywords with low competition are easy to rank so keep this in mind. Write your content around these keywords.Once you are done, head to the keyword research tool of SEMrush to find out how likely is it that your keywords are going to rise in popularity.
2.) Execute The Content Strategy
Once you have got a list of relevant keywords, you can go ahead and execute your content strategy.
Start With Your Goals
You should get started with your goals. The goals should be growing traffic, increasing subscribers or followers and getting more customers.Some keywords can help you achieve your goals better. It’s better to focus on both niche and product keywords. Here is how you can do it:
- Prioritize the chosen keywords based on their importance for your business
- First, choose keywords with the highest monthly searchers but lower difficulty and competition level.
3.) Determine Your Content Types
For each keyword, you should decide on the best content type. It will help you rank for that keyword more easily. Ideally, you should consider keywords that your audience may search for. You can then write content around those terms.
4.) Execution Plan
For best execution of your plan, you should remember the following tips:
- You should consider your resources, such as budget, tools and people. This will help you create best content.
- Make it a routine to publish, say, two articles or blog posts per week.
- If you have a large website, divide the work and assign each task to a different person based on their skill set.
5.) Create, Post, And Share Your Content
Before you create content for your site, make sure it’s going to be unique, high quality and compelling. People will share your content only if they find it interesting and valuable. Below are some tips for you to create, post and share your content:
- Create long-form content. These posts can be as long as 3000 words.
- Build internal links
- Use all of the relevant keywords in each piece of content. The keywords should be in the headline, page title, URL, meta description, image name, and in the body of the content.
- Know about the most recent semantic indexing
- Once your content is published, share it. You can make your content shareable with social media buttons on your site. You can also share it through emails distribution.
So, if you follow this SEO content strategy, you will be able to increase your website traffic by 200%. Hope this helps.