Local Search Marketing
For businesses with a local presence, optimizing your brand for local representation online is quickly becoming one of the most critical tasks for marketing campaign success. In today’s economic environment, small businesses can’t afford to miss out on new business opportunities. Marketing has evolved, even on a local level.
In the not too distant past, local business listings or perhaps a display ad in the Yellow Pages were all that was required to get the phone to ring or foot traffic to walk in the door. With the acceleration of modern online capacity for local listings it’s a world of opportunity and a daunting challenge at the same time. Increase Visibility provides Local Search Engine Optimization to provide a huge boost in getting your business found in local search results. Our goal is to put your business on the local search map!
Local Search Marketing Information
- 73% of all online activity is related to local content
- 82% of local searchers follow up with a phone call or show up on your doorstep
- 66% of Americans use local search to find local businesses
- 74% of Americans have replaced phone books (Yellow Pages & Business Directory) with internet and local search
- 43% of search engine users are seeking a local merchant with the intent of buying offline
- 41% of consumers say they use a location in their search – “Dentist in Denver”
Yet, only a jaw-dropping 9% of small businesses are happy with their internet marketing! If you are in the 91% majority, Increase Visibility can help!
Initially a part of Google maps, the new “Places” product has quickly found it’s home within the first page of Google for most local based searches. Those who do not take advantage of it properly will find themselves at a huge disadvantage over the competition. Using data across both computer based and mobile devices, Google Places will be the standard in local optimization for years to come.
Foursquare’s brand profiles allow businesses to create accounts that can be managed by multiple people. This means that each department of your business can contribute to your Foursquare marketing campaign, so that you can make it as effective as possible. This inclusive solution to your Foursquare marketing will allow you to customize your profile so that it better informs your customers. It will allow you to create a more comprehensive experience that will ultimately help you to draw in more local sales prospects.
Business owner listings on Yelp can propel your business forward when it comes to search engine optimization. If consumers want to learn about your customer service, or reviews of your business, they’ll go to Yelp.com. Even if they do a search for reviews using a search engine like Bing or Yahoo!, Yelp may be on the first page, if a user has posted a comment about your business. It’s an important website for your business and for search engine optimization.
Facebook Local Check-Ins
As Facebook makes a play for social check-ins to local businesses, it is imperative to align your social presence with local optimization in mind. Of all the options for local based check-ins, Facebook has the most potential for social sharing to friends and associates.
Cost Benefits of Local Optimization:
- New Business Opportunities! Being Found in Local Search brings a steady stream of new customers and builds your brand awareness.
- Return On Investment – Consider the lifetime value of just one new customer or the profit of one big ticket sale
- Most Increase Visibility clients recuperate their investment from just one new loyal customer
- Listed in Online platforms such as Google Places, Yahoo Local & Bing. More than 90% of the total search market is controlled by the “Big 3”
- Get found where your customers are looking
- Save money on multiple Yellow Page listings
- Total Reach and Coverage in the city/metro area your business serves – Add additional cities as needed
Ready to get started? Talk to a Digital Marketing Strategist at Increase Visibility today to develop a plan custom tailored for your business.