Attention aspiring social media marketing specialists! Increase Visibility is now hiring a new social media specialist to join this award winning team! Think you have what it takes? Here are the top 6 qualities that we look for within our social-media ninjas.
1. Familiarity and experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+ from a company perspective. We try to provide our clients with high-quality and personal social media engagement. Daily management of these channels ensures good reputation management for our clients on the digital sphere. If you have about six months running these kinds of social media accounts, we encourage you to apply.
2. General computer skills. In this position, you will be on the computer quite a bit. Our social media specialists often have to compile documents that analyze social media content and outreach. Experience with standard Microsoft and Adobe programs are certainly a plus.
3. Good communication skills in speaking with clients. Above all of our other services, Increase Visibility values customer service. We talk to our clients regularly about what is happening with their digital marketing strategies. Our Social Media Specialists must be able to engage and converse with our clientele on a regular basis.
4. Work in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. In the quickly-changing world of internet marketing, people need to keep up with the industry. Our agency is certainly one that offers creativity and the ability to implement new and state-of-the-art tactics with our clients. If you eat, breathe, and live social media, we welcome your input.
5. Plan and create blog content. Take this post as “Exhibit A.” Our social media strategists need to keep up with the conversations happening online and participate. We value our agency as a true thought leader in the internet marketing sphere. Help us put some of these thoughts into the written word.
6. Possess interest in other digital marketing tactics (i.e. SEO, PPC). Though our social media specialists don’t deal with these services directly, we like all of our employees to be on the same page of what services our agency offers to assist in this communication to our current and potential clients.
“Looking around you, you can see that everything in the media is turning more digital by the day. Phone books have ceased to exist, and people are turning to their computers instead of libraries for information about any topic. Making the choice to work in this industry is a wise choice in making yourself a more marketable candidate for any future career. A Social Media Specialist position is definitely a role that looks great on a resume and provides and excellent skill-set for working in a fast-paced environment with different kinds of people and clients. There is plenty of room for growth and promotion for the right candidate that possesses the drive and the passion.
Having worked at Increase Visibility for quite some time now, I must say that I am far from disappointed with my experience. Besides working with high-quality and skilled individuals, you get to form close relationships with some amazing clients. If you’re looking to break into the digital marketing sphere, I really can’t think of a better agency to start your career path. Personally, I began at Increase Visibility as an Intern and have advanced to the head Social Media Specialist. You will learn a ton of skills in a very short amount of time working for this industry leading agency. If you possess the skills necessary to excel at a digital marketing firm with several digital marketing awards, then submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.”
-Natalie Hamlin, Digital Media/PR Specialist